Remote Host Setup

Amazon S3 explorer add-on.
onyii5119

Remote Host Setup

Post by onyii5119 »

How is the remote host setup in JS3Explorer? Is it possible to use JS3Explorer to filter content of a bucket and expose it to a user that does not have S3 credentials to download? I don't want the user to upload files to my S3 bucket.

Moreover, I do not want to expose my aws credentials to the user in any way.

support

Re: Remote Host Setup

Post by support »

You can remove "upload" button. Also, to avoid passing AWS credentials, please use S3Policy parameter an generator:
http://www.jfileupload.com/products/js3 ... rator.html

Does it help ?

You need download feature only, correct ? Could JFileDownload fit to your need ? It doesn't support S3 yet but we can add it.

onyii5119

Post by onyii5119 »

That would be great!

I need a feature where I can expose a filtered content from S3 bucket to a user. The user can then select files to download. It would not be necessary for the user to have an S3 account. Moreover, I don't want the host S3 credentials exposed in the applet in any way.

I hope it is clear. This is a feature any body with an S3 account will love.

Thanks.

support

Post by support »

Ok, added to the wish list. If you would like this feature quickly and you're willing to pay for it then I think it could be done in January.

onyii5119

Post by onyii5119 »

>>>If you would like this feature quickly and you're willing to pay for it then I think it could be done in January.

It is a feature, I think will help you sell your product. The way JS3Explorer is right now, is not very useful for a serious application. Nonetheless, if you can incorporate the feature, that will even make me buy it, if done by January. I don't want it done as a custom task but as an enhancement to JS3Explorer.

Kindly let me know what you have decided to do.

Thanks.