upload forward file size

Upload core product.
oldukjuggler

upload forward file size

Post by oldukjuggler »

Whilst "fine tunning" a customer upload facility i decided to look at the forward parameter option to get the file size.
setting the option to longer should pass the file size into the URL but sadly all i get is
&filesize1=0

support

Re: upload forward file size

Post by support »

The problem comes from 'template' parameter. The applet tries to find info on the renamed file. Try to add the following extra parameter, it should fix this issue:
<PARAM NAME="param8" VALUE="selectedfullfilename">
<PARAM NAME="value8" VALUE="true">

oldukjuggler

Post by oldukjuggler »

Thanks, this doesnt fix it after all... i thought it did.

What happens now is that the new filename i specify in using the template is ignored so the file isnt renamed at all.... so my database that recorded the expected file name cant find the uploaded file :cry:

oldukjuggler

Post by oldukjuggler »

sorry an update to the last post.

the template isnt ignored the filename is changed to that when the file is uploaded,, however the filename returned ( forward parameters set to longer) is the original filename

support

Post by support »

For HTTP upload, you should have both renamed filename and original filename in the upload request. For instance, if I upload d:/addons.jpg then server-side script receive:
selectedfullfilename=D:\addons.jpg
todo=upload
uploadfile=test_rename.jpg

For FTP upload, we cannot pass it and I don't see any workaround in 2.0. I think we need to develop this feature.

oldukjuggler

Post by oldukjuggler »

Maybe i should move to http: then.

I went with Ftp as my client want 2Gb plus files

Does the http: version work as well with large files??

Does the resume feature work??

support

Post by support »

Yes, HTTP can upload files over 2GB. It allows to split files in chunks, upload each chunk and recompose the original file on server-side from chunk. We have a customer uploading 8GB DVD with this solution. Resume is supported (depending on server-side script). But resume will apply on each chunk only. So you will need both:
<PARAM NAME="overwrite" VALUE="false">
<PARAM NAME="resume" VALUE="true">
to not re-upload previous chunks when transfer fails.

However, I'm afraid chunking will cause a problem for your usage because there is a conflict with "template" parameter. Template will apply to each chunk so the server-side cannot find them when recomposing. Also, forward parameters will report each chunk filename and filesize that you don't want, correct ?

Notice that another solution (to avoid chunking) would be to have a customized web server allowing > 2GB post (for instance it means rebuild Apache from source code).