Getting Source File Path

Upload core product.
willkostelecky

Getting Source File Path

Post by willkostelecky »

I am struggling to get the full client side path for the source file that is being uploaded. I think that I have the appropriate parameters set per below:

'<PARAM NAME="forward" VALUE="http://localhost:8888/Development/ie_My ... Images.php"> ');

'<PARAM NAME="forwardparameters" VALUE="long"> ');

'<PARAM NAME="url" VALUE="http://localhost:8888/Development/ie_My ... ?User_ID=1"> ');

But I am not finding the full path name on either the server side (Uploader) or the client side (UploadImages). Note that Uploader is your sample PHP code. Below are dumps of everything in both the GET and POST variables:

Uploader.php - ==========GET==========
Uploader.php - User_ID - 1
Uploader.php - ==========POST==========
Uploader.php - todo - upload

UploadImages.php - ==========GET==========
UploadImages.php - filename1 - /var/folders/dT/dTPlgXo-F+qPSze9diZxRU+++TQ/-Tmp-/Glass Blowers Tools - original.jpg
UploadImages.php - - ==========POST==========

I feel that I am missing something crucial but can't seem to figure out what!

Thanks in advance,
Will

support

Re: Getting Source File Path

Post by support »

You have it in:
filename1="/var/folders/dT/dTPlgXo-F+qPSze9diZxRU+++TQ/-Tmp-/Glass Blowers Tools - original.jpg"

I guess you're relying on end-user temporary folder because of scaling. Under MacOSX it leads to folder such as TPlgXo-F+qPSze9diZxRU+++TQ.

Could you try to add:
<PARAM NAME="param5" VALUE="selectedfullfilename">
<PARAM NAME="value5" VALUE="true">

willkostelecky

Post by willkostelecky »

Support:

Thanks but I am looking for the full path from the client side image. It looks like the above is the server side path? Or a temporary place that your app uses? In any case it is not where that jpg was uploaded from!

Thanks, Will

support

Post by support »

To make sure it's a client side folder could you update the following in scaling.properties file:
#tmpfolder=c:/temp
into:
tmpfolder=auto

It will force to use the same folder where original image is for scaled image.

willkostelecky

Post by willkostelecky »

Support:

Thanks, that did the trick...not sure why but what the heck! With "tmpfolder=auto" "selectedfullfilename" now shows the full path to the uploaded file and that was my goal.

Cheers,
Will

willkostelecky

Post by willkostelecky »

Support:

One more related question. When I set the parameters per above my source files were being deleted from the path on upload. Not a characteristic that I wanted to have happen! I changed the renamepolicy per below and the source files are staying put.

# Scaled image filename. Values could be "append" or "rename" or "renameifneeded"
renamepolicy=rename

Is this the right way to keep files from being deleted? I really need to be certain that source files will NEVER EVER be deleted!

Thanks,
Will

willkostelecky

Post by willkostelecky »

Support:

I am in Alpha testing and this is continuing to be an issue. I absolutely do not want to use "tmpfolder=auto" as I can not take ANY risk with co-mingling temp files and a users original photographic images. Is there any other way that you can expose the source directory that is being used to me? This seems like it would be a useful feature!?!?

Thanks,
Will

support

Post by support »

Please contact support(at)jfileupload(dot)com