How to get destination filename after indexrename

Upload core product.
richtrapp

How to get destination filename after indexrename

Post by richtrapp »

Is there anyway to get the resulting filename when using duplicate=indexrename?
I'm uploading lots of files which have the same name as others and I'm using indexrename to avoid overwriting the previous file. I need to post process the files so I'm using Post to tell me when a new file is uploaded, but it's giving me the original name, not the destination name.

Using FTP transfer with the "account" parameter to force things to a particular subdirectory. I'd like to be able to either get this subdirectory value or pass a value using the "template" naming convention, but either way, I'd still like to get the resulting filename passed to my "post" handling page.

thanks for any suggestions.

Rich

support

Re: How to get destination filename after indexrename

Post by support »

Could you try:
forwardparameters="extra"?

See:
http://www.jfileupload.com/products/jfi ... irect.html

richtrapp

Post by richtrapp »

Support Team,
Thanks!!! Using "extra" gives me everything I need. I'm disappoint that I didn't try it sooner. I feel the documentation is misleading. It describes the 'Absolute' filename, which in the previous 'true', "short', 'long' values has always been the absolute filename selected by the user. So I assumed it was the same here. Interestingly enough...it goes give me the absolute PATH of the original file, with the modified new filename so I get the best of both worlds. I also get the path it was uploaded to via the "Account" parameter so no need to create any custom parameters.

support

Post by support »

Great !