Firefox 3.6 JSAPI issues

Upload core product.
sdthomas

Firefox 3.6 JSAPI issues

Post by sdthomas »

Hi,

There appears to be some issues with the JSAPI and Firefox 3.6.

Apparently some people experience issues with FF 3.6 and all Java apps which required they upgrade their java plugin due to the applets failing to load:
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/580586

I have not come across the above issue, but this may have been because i already had java updated to a more recent version 1.6_17.

But the issue we are seeing is that using FF 3.6 both these JSAPI function calls now break the current javascript code with no errors:
document.fileupload.setRegularParameter(name, value);
document.fileupload.setExtraParameter(name, value);
We are using setRegularParameter to modify the jfilter parameters,
and using setExtraParameter to reset the forwarding parameter during a canceled transfer.
The parameters are not changed and any js code after these calls is not executed.
I've tried wrapping them in try/catch statements, with no effect, and still no error returned.

document.fileupload.setParameter still seems to work though on the POST parameters.

Everything works fine in IE7/8, Firefox 3.5...

I updated my Java runtime plugin to the most recent version 1.6_20b, and since doing so, whenever the applet is run a security warning comes up saying it contains secure and non secure components.
So this is beginning to sound like a security issue, where the JSAPI is not being allowed to manipulate the applet in the normal manner.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Simon

PS this fix here didn't work, made no difference:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=500

support

Re: Firefox 3.6 JSAPI issues

Post by support »

Yes, we've fixed issues for FireFox 3.6 in JFileUpload 2.7. We can provide a testing version if you want. Please contact support(at)jfileupload(dot)com

support

Re: Firefox 3.6 JSAPI issues

Post by support »

We've provided the 2.7 beta. You also need to rename the JavaScript functions such as:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=491