Java security problem

Upload core product.
webrunner

Java security problem

Post by webrunner »

Hello,

a customer has a problem with the java-applet in his firefox on a mac.
He gets:

Code: Select all

"exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.io.tmpdir read)."
What can he do?

Thanks a lot.

support

Re: Java security problem

Post by support »

That error means that he didn't accept to trust the applet before launching. He must accept the security pop-up.

amrish_deep

Post by amrish_deep »

Hi,

After updating my JRE with the latest one (update 20 to be specific), I've started getting a pop-up before the upload applet completely loads. The pop-up says "Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern". It asks me whether to "Block potentially unsafe components from being run? (recommended)". Once I click 'Yes', the apllet fails to load.

People using JRE updates 19 or below dont get this pop-up.

Please suggest a solution for this.

Thanks

support

Post by support »

You need to install JFileUpload 2.6.
See:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=457

amrish_deep

Post by amrish_deep »

Hi,

We have started getting the java error again which says "Java has discovered application components that could indicate security concern". Last time when we got this error, you provided us with updated jar files. We are using the same jar files but cannot understand why this issue has reoccurred.
Just FYI, our code was working fine in windows server 2008 till last few days.
Please advise asap.

support

Post by support »

Could you make sure that ".properties" extension are mapped to "text/plain" in mime-types section of your web server? If it still fails then also make sure you've removed any commons-logging.properties and simplelog.properties.

amrish_deep

Post by amrish_deep »

I have rechecked the mime types settings. The .properties extention has been mapped to text/plain mime type and Entry Type is local.
I tried looking for commons-logging.properties and simplelog.properties in our complete solution. But could not find one.

support

Post by support »

Could you post here the traces from Java console after enabling debugging and tracing:
http://www.jfileupload.com/products/jfi ... oting.html

Also, use JFileUpload 2.7.