JFileUpload ftp access to server

Upload core product.
import

JFileUpload ftp access to server

Post by import »

Hi,
I'm still at the evaluation stage... I'm having a problem connecting to a (local) iis ftp server I just created - exact error message follows:
"org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication."
First thing that got my attention is that it starts with "org.apache", the server being iis.
Just to be on the safe side I tried accessing the same server using a regular ftp client (Win based) and it worked just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

import

Re: JFileUpload ftp access to server

Post by import »

org.apache is the name of the FTP low level layer for FTP. We've customers with FTP IIS and it works. Is this error after authentication or while authenticating ?

import

Post by import »

Mmhhh... How can I tell? Is there a way to trace the applet?

import

Post by import »

To enable FTP commands logs: Enable "resources" parameter in Applet such as:
<PARAM NAME="resources" VALUE="i18n"> and copy i18n.properties in the same folder as HTML/JavaScript. Uncomment the following lines:
#taskoutput.protocol=enabled
#taskoutput.protocol.request=> {0}
#taskoutput.protocol.response=< {0}

i18n.properties is available in documentation/tutorials folder.

import

Post by import »

Thanks for that. With logs enabled I get the following output:
------------------------------------
> CONNECT localhost
Upload failed: org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication.
------------------------------------
> DISCONNECT

Hope the above helps... and thanks again!

import

Post by import »

After a bit of toying around I did find a configuration problem on the ftp server side - sorry for that, the applet is now working properly.

I have another couple of questions though:
- Is there a file size limit?
- How do I access a virtual directory in my IIS ftp server? I tried appending "/folder" to the url but it keeps uploading to the default (ftproot) folder. The "account" parameter doesn't seem to work either, since it looks for a physical folder under ftproot, which is not the case.

Thanks again!

import

Post by import »

I stand corrected: the "account" parameter does the trick perfectly well. I guess that leaves only the file size limit question open.

import

Post by import »

You can select max or/and min size for file(s) to upload. See "maxsize" parameter in documentation.

sexy-trousers

Post by sexy-trousers »

@Import - can you elaborate on what you fixed on your server to correct the "Connection closed without indication" error?

Thanks, TJ
import wrote:After a bit of toying around I did find a configuration problem on the ftp server side - sorry for that, the applet is now working properly.