Firefox 10 (windows) form text input issues

Upload core product.
tszarans

Firefox 10 (windows) form text input issues

Post by tszarans »

I have encountered an odd problem with firefox 10, and can recreate it using the sample applet_http.html in the "dist" folder - on both 2.8 and 2.9 of the jfileupload applet (using java 1.6.0_30).

Code snip to wrap the applet in a form.

Code: Select all

<form action="" method="post">
<input name="test" type="text" size="100">
<br/>
<!-- JFileUpload Applet : Begin copy/paste -->
<script src="applet_http.js"></script>
<!-- JFileUpload Applet : End copy/paste -->
</form>

When the upload applet is used within a html form, on page load the text input fields (text, or textarea) loose the ability to see the cursor or perform edits. If I use the applet control to "file / select files" (and cancel without choosing a file to upload) the html input field usually turns back to normal and you can perform an edit.

On page refresh (F5) the field is again in a bad state, and user input cannot happen.

This problem does not exist in IE, or FF9 etc. It is very odd, as FF10 seems to work quit well on other other pages/forms etc - but acts up with the latest FF update.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony

support

Re: Firefox 10 (windows) form text input issues

Post by support »

We're going to make test with FF10 but we might wait for first patches because it has just been released.

tszarans

Post by tszarans »

Problem went away with 10.0.1 update.

support

Post by support »

Great!

Killfile

Post by Killfile »

I've got more or less the exact same problem but I've seen it persist from FF 10.0.2 to FF 11.0.

The page loads, the JFileUpload control loads, and while I have a flashing cursor in my text-box, keyboard input does nothing. Clicking in the box brings up FF's own historical autocomplete and I can select a previously entered value but still can't type (or delete).

Only by clicking somewhere else on the page and then clicking back in the desired text box can I enter text.

support

Post by support »

Try to update JRE too. It should update FireFox/Java plugin too.